Date(s) - Monday, Jul 12th-Friday, Jul 16th
Ottawa Tool Library
Looking for a fun in-person activity for kids? The Ottawa Tool Library (OTL) Tinkering School is back , this time with summer camps, with even smaller class sizes, and increased health measures. Our programming focuses on environmental education and developing tool skills.
We’ll learn all kinds of new skills, and kids will work with our facilitators on custom planter boxes made from wood and recycled materials. Kids will learn all about using tools like handsaws, hammers, drills and more! Along the way we’ll learn all about the positive impacts we can have when we reduce waste, give objects and materials a new life, and improve our surrounding environment.
This week long camp is open to kids 8-12 years old and runs from 9am-3pm each day.
Your kid’s safety is our top priority. In addition to following current public health guidelines set out by the city and the province we have introduced new safety measures to our workshops including:
• Masks will be mandatory at all times during the camp.
• Camps will be limited to maximum of 8 participants.
• All workstations will be at least 2m apart and participants must maintain a 2m distance from each other and instructors whenever possible.
• All workstations and tools will be sanitized by instructors before and after each day
• Each participant will be assigned their own workstation and set of tools for the duration of the camp.
• All participants, OTL staff, and volunteers will be required to self-screen and attest that they are symptom free prior to attending the workshop
• Any participant who develops symptoms of COVID-19 during a workshop will be asked to leave. A parent or guardian will be contacted immediately to take their child home.
• Use hand sanitizer (provided) upon entering the OTL, and at any point necessary during the camp (hand sanitizer will be available at each workstation).
For more information about OTL’s COVID-19 response please see our website: https://ottawatoollibrary.com/covid-response/
Space is limited, so be sure register as soon as possible!
We are monitoring changing public health guidelines closely. In case of cancellation due to COVID-19 registrants will be reimbursed.
In light of the constraints of living through the pandemic, we recognize that many parents may find it difficult to afford camps this summer. OTL is offering a pay what you can option for one participant through our community fund. Place contact Lindsey , the Tinkering School Coordinator, for information about how to apply.
Contact Lindsey , the Tinkering School Coordinator.
The OTL Tinkering School is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable learning experience for all.
Before selecting and signing up for a workshop please be sure that your child understands that the activities will require their attention and maturity. We are working with tools that must be used carefully to ensure everyone’s safety. If you have any questions, please be sure to contact us.