The Society for Social Ingenuity (the “SSI”), operating as the Ottawa Tool Library (the “OTL”), has a responsibility to protect its staff, clients, and the public in general. As a consequence, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions when delivering our community programming.
The OTL commits itself to meeting or exceeding the requirements of Ottawa Public Health and the Province of Ontario, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
Below is a questionnaire to ensure that nobody attending our classes is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, which may include:
Primary symptoms of COVID-19:
- New cough or a chronic cough that is worsening
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
Secondary symptoms of COVID-19:
- Stuffy nose
- Painful swallowing
- Muscle or joint pain
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
In consideration of the Society for Social Ingenuity (the “SSI”), operating as the Ottawa Tool Library (the “OTL”), allowing me to participate in any activities on any premises occupied by the OTL and/or allowing me to use any equipment or materials owned by the OTL and/or borrowed or otherwise acquired from the OTL (the “Equipment/Materials”), I hereby agree as follows:
- I understand that there are risks involved in participating in any activity on any premises occupied by the OTL and using any Equipment/Materials, and I confirm that I fully understand and voluntarily accept all such risks.
- I agree that, while I am on any premises occupied by the OTL, and/or while using any Equipment/Materials, I will at all times use such Equipment/Materials and will conduct myself in a manner that is safe and responsible so as to prevent injury or damage to any person or property.
- I understand that it is MY responsibility to make sure I know how to safely use any Equipment/Materials BEFORE I use them. I also understand that OTL volunteers or other personnel are not experts in the use of any equipment or materials and that OTL makes no representations or warranties regarding the fitness of any equipment or materials for any particular purpose.
- I agree that OTL volunteers or other personnel may give directions relating to the use of any Equipment/Materials or the use of any premises occupied by the OTL, and I will at all times follow such directions. I understand that if I fail to do so the OTL may, in its discretion, temporarily or permanently revoke my permission to enter on to any premises occupied by the OTL and/or revoke my permission or to borrow or otherwise acquire any equipment or materials from the OTL.
- I do hereby, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, successors and assigns, release and forever discharge SSI, operating as OTL, its directors, officers, agents, volunteers, representatives and employees from and against any and all claims, including any claims for negligence, relating to damages, losses or injuries suffered by me that arise directly or indirectly from any activities on any premises occupied by the OTL or my use of any Equipment/Materials.
- I also agree to indemnify and hold harmless SSI, operating as OTL, its directors, officers, agents, volunteers, representatives and employees from and against all liability, losses, costs, claims, demands, damages, causes of action (including all legal fees) which may be suffered or incurred by any of them as a result of anything that I do on any premises occupied by OTL and/or arising as a result of my use of any Equipment/Materials.
The OTL has my permission to use my/the participant’s photograph publicly to promote the OTL and its work. I understand that the images may be used in print publications, online publications, presentations, websites, and social media. I also understand that no royalty, fee, or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use.