Date(s) - Thursday, Jul 22nd
Ottawa Tool Library
Together we will create a small compote in City Love Flowers’ bespoke garden style using a sustainable approach to floral design.
Starting with a bucket of locally grown flowers sourced from local farms, we will respect the essence of the flowers by observing and honouring their shapes, textures, and natural forms and also by considering how they stand and group together in nature.
We will cover various floral design techniques including organic composition (airiness/density, etc), vase life, and flower care. Our instructor Kate will draw from her background as an artist, grower, and teacher.
PAY WHAT YOU CAN
In light of the constraints of living through the pandemic, we recognize that many people may have difficulty with finances, so OTL is offering a pay-what-you-can option for one participant through City Love Flowers and our community fund.
Please choose that option under ticket selection.
Your safety is our top priority. In addition to following current public health guidelines set out by the city and the province we have introduced new safety measures to our workshops including:
• Masks will be mandatory at all times during the workshop.
• Workshop will be limited to maximum of 8 participants.
• All workstations will be at least 2 m apart and participants must maintain a 2 m distance from each other and instructors whenever possible.
• All workstations and tools will be sanitized by instructors before and after the workshop.
• All participants, OTL staff, and volunteers will be required to self-screen and attest that they are symptom free prior to attending the workshop.
• Use hand sanitizer (provided) upon entering the OTL and at any point necessary during the workshop.
For more information about OTL’s COVID-19 response please see our website: https://ottawatoollibrary.com/covid-response/
Space is limited, so be sure register as soon as possible!
We are monitoring changing public health guidelines closely.