Date(s) - Thursday, Aug 19th
Ottawa Tool Library
Together we will create a low vessel arrangement featuring local dahlias in City Love’s bespoke garden design style. Dahlias come in all sizes, shapes and textures and these will be the focal point for our floral design.
Starting with a bucket of locally grown flowers sourced from local farms, we will respect the essence of the flowers by observing and honouring their shapes, textures and natural forms and also by considering how they stand and group together in nature. We will cover various floral design techniques including organic composition (airiness/density, etc), vase life, and flower care. Our instructor Kate will draw from her background as an artist, grower, and teacher.
Materials required: a pair of floral snips or sharp scissors, please contact us if you would like to borrow a pair for the workshop.
Your safety is our top priority. In addition to following current public health guidelines set out by the city and the province we have introduced new safety measures to our workshops including:
• Masks will be mandatory at all times during the workshop.
• Workshop will be limited to maximum of 8 participants.
• All workstations will be at least 2 m apart and participants must maintain a 2 m distance from each other and instructors whenever possible.
• All workstations and tools will be sanitized by instructors before and after the workshop.
• All participants, OTL staff, and volunteers will be required to self-screen and attest that they are symptom free prior to attending the workshop.
• Use hand sanitizer (provided) upon entering the OTL and at any point necessary during the workshop.
For more information about OTL’s COVID-19 response please see our website: https://ottawatoollibrary.com/covid-response/
Space is limited, so be sure register as soon as possible!
We are monitoring changing public health guidelines closely.