The Province of Ontario has extended its stay-at-home order until May 20, 2021. During this time, the OTL remains closed to indoor visitors. However, in keeping with guidance from the Province of Ontario and by-laws of the City of Ottawa, the OTL welcomes members to reserve tools and pickup curbside in the coming weeks.
How to Reserve for Curbside Pickup
OTL members can borrow tools for curbside pickup with 5 simple steps:
- Visit MyTurn to purchase, renew or update your OTL MyTurn membership.
- Browse our inventory of tools to make reservations up to 6 days in advance.
- Ask a Ninja to get advice and answer questions you have about a tool or project.
- Contact us to get answers to questions or issues with your membership or making a reservation.
Continued Prevention Measures
Please remember that, when visiting the OTL, we continue to ask that you to do the following:
Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or need further assistance.
To protect our members and volunteers during this period, we have adopted the following precautions against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19):
- The number of people in the OTL will be limited to permit adequate physical distancing.
- Volunteers will regularly wash or sanitize hands and wear gloves when handling tools.
- Only a single volunteer is permitted behind the front desk, protected by a plexiglass barrier.
- All visitors will wear non-medical facemasks when at the OTL by Ottawa city by-law.
- All touch surfaces in the OTL (door handles, padlocks, keyboards, tablets, etc.) will be disinfected after each shift.
- All returned tools will be disinfected (on common touchpoints like handles, buttons, batteries, etc.) using disinfectants approved for use by Health Canada before being returned to circulation.
Public Health Guidance
For the safety of our members and volunteers, we also ask that you follow the direction of public health authorities. Please stay home and do not visit the OTL if:
- You have any symptoms of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- You have been in physical contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms.
- You have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
- You or someone in your household is particularly vulnerable to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) due to advanced age or a compromised immune system.
Nevertheless, all public interactions during this period may raise your risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Visitors to the OTL in any capacity do so at their own risk.
In the event that you have borrowed tools and have a presumptive or confirmed case of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in your household, please inform us as soon as possible. We can arrange to extend the loan period for tools, quarantine any returned tools, and advise our volunteers and members about any possible exposure. Your personal information will remain confidential.
We are following the latest public health guidance and scientific information regarding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) from various levels of government. For more information, please consult the following: